These reports have been released recently and are excellent resources detailing the status of children and families in Ohio.
The 2016 OHSAI Transportation Training Day will take place on Thursday, August 18th from 9:30am to 3:00pm at the Doubletree in Worthington, Ohio.
This interactive training is geared toward Head Start Transportation Managers, Drivers and Monitors and will address these topics:
- Security Awareness and Emergency Preparedness
- Active Supervision in Transportation Services
- Communication Skills to Improve Teamwork and Engagement
REGISTRATION RATES: Member rate is $85.00. Agency members sending three or more participants will receive a discount: $75.00 for three or more.
The event is designed to meet the four hour ODE Annual Inservice Training requirement for bus drivers and bus aides as described in Ohio’s Pupil Transportation Operation and Safety Rules (3301-83-10(B)).
Watch for more details and registration information coming soon.
Thank you to all of you who joined us for the 2016 June Leadership and Professional Development Conference. We hope that it was a productive and fun experience for you.
Jonathan Edision (Thursday Keynote) contact information: www.jonathanedision.com email@example.com
Have a great summer!
Building Resilient Children, Families and Organizations Using Conscious Discipline®
August 10-11, 2016
Doubletree Worthington – 175 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43235
In this two day training, participants will have the opportunity to upgrade their current understanding of Conscious Discipline®, the highly effective social emotional curriculum to support work with children, families and Head Start Programs.
Day 1 will include a full day of inspiration and education from Angela Fraley, a highly regarded Loving Guidance Associate, as conveys how Conscious Discipline® creates the building blocks of safety and connection to prime the brain for learning in infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
Day 2 will include three break-out sessions:
Using Conscious Discipline® with infants and toddlers with a strong emphasis on Baby Doll Circle Time, Angela Fraley, National Trainer and Loving Guidance Associate
Advanced strategies using the Seven Skills of Conscious Discipline® to support preschoolers and their families, Renee Sutherland, Conscious Discipline Certified Instructor
Conscious Organizations– the Head Start administrator’s perspective, Peg Tazewell, Knox County Head Start Executive Director
Intended audience: Head Start Administrators, Teachers and Assistant Teachers
As a result of this event, participants will be able to increase the fidelity of their implementation of Conscious Discipline throughout their Head Start program.
Registration Fee: $275
JUNE 6 – 9, 2016
This event is planned to help build leadership skills at every level of the Head Start organization. This event will provide intensive, practical and advanced level learning to enhance the professional development levels of all participants.
Linda Smith, Deputy Assistant Secretary for
Early Childhood Development, Administration for Children and Families
Kay Willmoth, Region V Program Manager, Office of Head Start
- LEGISLATIVE DINNER – Monday evening with remarks from Tom Sheridan, Director of Government Affairs for the National Head Start Association, on the future of Head Start in the wake of the 2016 national elections.
- Leadership Issues focused on Partnerships, Communication, Human Resources and State and Federal Priorities and Initiatives
- Infant Toddler – supporting learning and development in a variety of settings
- Fiscal Issues – Full day track to include Cost Allocation and Non-Federal Share
- Family Development Crendential Instructor’s Institute – application and special registration required – contact OHSAI for more information
- Family Engagement – Conscious Parenting, ERSEA, Cultural Awareness
- Early Learning – CLASS Coaching, Project Based Instruction, Digital Documentation, and STEM in the outdoors
- Health and Special Needs – Vision Screening training (see enclosed flyer), PIR Walk-Through, Accessibility, Managing Behavior, and networking opportunities
- Many other sessions to support supervision and management skills
- 2501 Great Wolf Lodge Mason, OH 45040 513-459-8885
- Reservation— 1-866-954-9653 or click here
- Use Group Code—1606OHSA
- Room Rate—$129.00 (includes waterpark passes)
- CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE RESERVATIONS (code 1606OHSA)