The OHSAI Staff are busy finalizing plans for the 2015 OHSAI June Leadership and Professional Development Conference. We are very excited about our new venue, the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio.
2501 Great Wolf Lodge Mason, OH 45040 513-459-8885
Reservation— 1-866-954-9653 or click here
Use Group Code—1505OHSA
Room Rate—$117.00 (includes waterpark passes)
HOTEL CUT-OFF IS MAY 8th – MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!
You can expect these exciting offerings:
- Fun and exciting keynote speakers, and a very special “Birthday Party” to celebrate 50 years of Head Start
- Updates from Regional and National Head Start leaders
- Early Head Start School Readiness Summit planned cooperatively among four of the National Centers
- Leadership Academy for Practice Based Coaching Part 2 (for those programs participating in the April event)
- Follow up to the Planned Language Approach content
- An in-depth examination of Culture Shifts in Head Start for Directors and other key leaders
- Intensive content to support efforts to improve CLASS scores in key areas
- Linking I am Moving, I am Learning to CLASS and other efforts
- Infant/Toddler Content – Vision and Hearing Screening, Attunement, Home Visitor Support
- Supporting Parent and Family Engagement – Culture and Diversity, Interviewing and Problem Solving, Nurturing Critical Thinking in Adults, Communication Differences
- Parenting and Parent Leadership sessions
- The Brain, Trauma, and Implications for Head Start Services
- Transportation Networking session
- Oral Health Issues – Moving Forward
- And more….
Watch for agenda and reservation information coming soon.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
With our different location, the format is a little different as well. On Thursday morning, we have three sessions that apply to a broad range of managers, staff and parents – New Culture Shifts in Head Start, Making the Most of Your Relationships with Families, and Teamwork. The luncheon will include an informative and fun interactive experience, and the afternoon Roundtable sessions will address specific content area topics.
Special thanks to our Meeting sponsor
Click here to view the full agenda and registration materials.
Click here to make reservations at the Hilton Polaris - deadline to book at conference rate is Sunday, March 15th.
UPDATE – CONFERENCE HAS BEEN APPROVED for 15 CPEs for OHIO SOCIAL WORKERS AND COUNSELORS, AND ALL BREAKOUT SESSIONS HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR SUTQ SPECIALIZED TRAINING.
Registration Deadline is Tuesday, March 3rd.
Engaging Families and Communities to Improve Outcomes and Support Transitions
The event will feature Dr. Eurnestine Brown, a national trainer and consultant who works with the National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement.
We have lined up other state and regional experts to engage participants on a range of topics related to breaking down barriers and building effective relationships and partnerships.
March 11-13, 2015
CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES: Head Start Family Services staff must possess an understanding of human and professional dynamics and apply expert skills in engaging and partnering with families and community partners. Highly qualified presenters from diverse areas of academia and social service will help participants understand the unique issues faced by the families we serve, and engage participants in strategies to improve their professional practice by strengthening relationships and building skills.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Individuals who work closely with families such as Family Services Staff, Supervisors and Home Visitors, and especially those who are responsible for assisting families in setting and achieving goals.